5.11.2008

mother's day

i woke up this morning (after sleeping in until 8:15! which was my one mother's day request) and found homemade waffles, strawberries, some delicious chocolates, a sweet note and a share in a local csa. sam and i have been talking about do this for awhile and i am super excited to get my first box! it was a perfect mother's day surprise.

later on calvin and i planted some sunflowers that will hopefully bloom in august. they are the super giant kind of sunflowers which will be fun to watch grow. hopefully they will grow. i never have confidence in these types of things. if nothing happens at least calvin very much enjoyed playing in the dirt.

this is a picture of my mother, my sister and me. maybe on christmas. she was so young when she had us, i have no idea how she did it. being a mom is one of the most wonderful and rewarding jobs, but it is also tiring and never-ending. it must have been so tough doing it on her own. i admire her strength. we are far apart this year but thinking of each other. i am looking forward to june when she visits with my sister and nephew. woo hoo! happy mother's day mom!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, really nice post. I think you look a lot like mom. For some reason I can really see the TCS in this pic. Maybe 'cause I can see the signs now that I am more informed. (In other words...I don't like this pic of me!!!)

    But I love you so everything evens out.

    Happy Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day to you, Jenn and Jessica! I loved the post and I really love the picture of all three of you!

    I wonder if Joey will look at a picture of me someday as a young mother and know just how tentative and scared I feel. I hope he looks at it and sees a confident self-assured mom as I see when I look at your mom in that picture.

    -Air

    ReplyDelete