12.12.2009

relaxed

sam surprised my sister and i with a day at the spa today. massages and facials. it was my first facial ever... and well, let's just say it will not be my last. i feel so very thankful that even though our lives are brimming with to-do's (especially now during the holidays...), i have a husband that remembers his wife likes to be pampered, just a bit. i am so very blessed.

today's reflection: best new food
crock pot meals have to be my favorite new food. a student that i had when i taught second grade gave me one as a thanksgiving present one year and i never used it much, but recently it has made a resurgence. it all started with this delicious and so easy recipe that i found: crock pot salsa chicken. sam has also been into cooking indian food and he is getting really, really good. so that is sort of a new favorite too.

ps. in the picture maeve has on a hand knit sweater and hat my friend lynn gave her. i love the color and the sparkly buttons. thanks lynn! i dream of being such a skilled knitter one day...

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you have a new love for crock potting! On busy weeks with work and such it is my very best friend!

    ReplyDelete