1.17.2008

blueprint is out of print

last weekend i was talking with some friends about how much we all love blueprint magazine. great articles, style and design, but i thought i had read somewhere that the magazine was folding (no pun intended...or maybe it was). i just found the link. martha says the kids don't like paper magazines anymore...we're all about the blogs and online info.

i am still in morning over the deaths of MS kids and MS baby magazines. i know i can read the articles online and i probably save paper and sam will enjoy having one less magazine laying around, but there is something comforting in picking up a magazine, flipping through it again and again, earmarking the glossy pages that contain articles i love or an outfit i want to emulate.

i just dusted off my old MS baby magazines to look for birthday ideas for calvin's first birthday. they are still so good. classic simple and fun ideas that are easy (well not that easy... it is martha) to implement.

goodbye blueprint. thanks for the good times. see you in cyberspace.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh! Noooooooo!

    Actually, I found out as well when I got home from our trip to SLO. My mom had gotten me a Blueprint subscription for Christmas, and the notice that it was no longer in print was waiting for me in the mail with a voucher telling me to pick a different magazine instead. Arrrghhh but the list is way lame and now I'm not sure what to do!!!
    -Air

    PS
    Do you want a subscription to Trout and Stream?

    ReplyDelete