2.12.2006

snow way

I knew it was coming. It has been all over the news for days. "The Blizzard of '06" (said in a cheezy newscaster voice)

I shopped, along side my fellow nutmeggers, stocking up on all the essentials in case I happen to get stranded in my house for a few days. I scrambled to get a jug of water and fought for a bag of pretzels and then withstood long lines.

hunkered down in my house last night as the first snowflake fell, I was eager for the skis to open up and dump snow. But after a half hour of snowing it stopped...and i went to sleep.

i woke up at 6:17am to a huge crash. i was in that 'half dream half awake state'. as i woke up a bit more i decided that i did hear something. now i had two choices... should i get up and look around because it could be a tree that fell on my house or should i stay in bed because it could be a robber/rapist.

somehow i found the courage to get up (the thought of a tree having crashed through my roof motivated me) and look around.

just as i walked into the livingroom 'crash' it happened again. the house shook, the windows rattled. it was thunder and lightening. i was relieved that it was not a tree or a stranger. i jumped back in bed. the thunder kept me awake for awhile but soon i was fast asleep again.

when i woke up in the morning everything was blanketed in snow and it was still coming down. the blizzard was on!

the snow came down all day continuously. i enjoyed my water and pretzels, watched a movie, read my book and sewed a blanket. it was the best blizzard day i have ever had.

then i got the phone call that school is cancelled tomorrow! this day can't get any better.

(i just heard on the news that this winter storm has a name...Winter Storm Carson...wow, winter storms are the new hurricanes)

1 comment: